Xtreme Download Manager (xdman) is an download manager app based on Java. it advanced and powerful download manager app which claims that can increase download speed, It also support pause and resume broken download and capture FLV videos from any sites .
xdman uses sophisticated dynamic segmentation algorithm,data compression and connection reuse to speed up the download process. Xtreme Download Manager supports HTTP, HTTPS and FTP protocols, firewalls, proxy servers, file redirects, cookie, authorization etc. Xtreme Download Manager integrates with any browser to handle downloads automatically using Advanced browser integration.
Depend on Java Runtime 6 (JRE6) or Latest jRE, xdman running perfectly on Ubuntu 13.04 or Ubuntu previous version with OpenJDK-JRE. It also can running on major OS like Windows,Mac OSX, Linux Distribustion that installed JRE.
- Download files at maximum possible speed. ( 5-6 times faster )
- Sophisticated dynamic file segmentation algorithm,data compression & connection reuse.
- Download FLV videos from YouTube, MySpaceTV, Google Video or Any Other site
- Capture download from any browser (Firefox,Chrome,Internet Explorer,Opera,Safari or any other program trying to download a file from Internet)
- Supports HTTP,HTTPS,FTP protocols with Authentication,Proxy Servers, Cookies, Redirection etc.
- Resumes broken/dead downloads caused by connection problem,power failure or session expiration
- Highly portable. Runs on any O.S with Java SE 6. No need for installation.
- Can be configured to perform Automatic Antivirus checking, System shutdown on download completion
On ubuntu, installing Xtreme Download Manager very easy. First download Xtreme Download Manager from here, you can also download it from terminal by typing command:
wget -O xdman.zip http://sourceforge.net/projects/xdman/files/xdman.zip/download
mkdir xdman unzip xdman.zip -d xdman/
Enter to directory xdman/ and make exexutable file xdman.sh
cd xdman/ chmod +x xdman.sh
Wait few second, it will be asking you to integrate xdman with your browser.