Feb 18, 2015

ASRock 960GC-GS FX Share Experience

I got this motherboard a month ago and it runs great so far. I bought it because I had a Phenom Quad Core 9500 2.2GHz in one of our old computers that wasn't being used. I installed that CPU in this mobo and it started up with no problems along with the DDR2 RAM. It worked fine with that CPU, internet browsing and streaming online videos was now a breeze especially on Netflix. 


Yesterday I received my new AM3+ 6300FX black edition CPU and installed it with some new RAM DDR3 8GB Kingston Hyperx 1600MHz at first it didn't start so I thought it was defective memory module but tried them in my other computer but it booted up fine so I reseated them and I had to push them in a little more with a bit of force and it booted up just fine. I also had to take out my Geforce GT610 graphics card also for it to boot I don't know why but I read on a forum somewhere that could be the problem for it not to boot up. I will update this if anything should happen.

My setup:
ASRock 960GC-GS FX Motherboard (of course)
AMD 6300 FX 8-3.5 GHz Black Edition unlock
HyperX DDR3 1600
Sapphire R7 260X 2GB GDDR5 OC
Western Digital 1TB HDD
Corsair CX600M watt PSU
Cooler Master G-Elite 430 Black Mid-Tower ATX Case

ASRock 960GC-GS FX Support | Drivers Download | Manual | CPU Support List | Memory QVL



Update:

I've had this board for two months now still running great. I got a new graphics card last week, a new Sapphire R7 260x 2gb GDDR5 overclock edition. I installed in with the drivers from the cd that came with it and is working awesome. I first bought this mobo just to use my older parts from an older computer but I ended upgrading everything, making it into a decent computer. So far I've really enjoy it and I can even play Farcry 3 on ultra settings...no joke. For my ram to run 1600mhz I went to BIOS and adjusted there. I do not intend to use this motherboard that long for gaming I just wanted something now. In the near future I plan on getting a MSI 970 gaming motherboard or a Gigabyte 990FX series motherboard but have to save up for that first. Overall I do enjoy this motherboard for internet browsing, Netflex, and playing Farcry 3 cause that's the only game I got right now lol.

Specifications


General

CPU

- Support for Socket AM3+ processors

- Support for Socket AM3 processors: AMD Phenom™ II X6 / X4 / X3 / X2 (except 920 / 940) / Athlon II X4 / X3 / X2 / Sempron processors

- Support for Socket AM2+ / AM2 processors: AMD Phenom™ FX / Phenom / Athlon 64 FX / Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core / Athlon X2 Dual-Core / Athlon 64 / Sempron processor

- Supports 8-Core CPU

- Supports AMD OverDrive™ with ACC feature (Advanced Clock Calibration)

- Supports AMD's Cool 'n' Quiet Technology

- FSB 2600 MHz (5.2 GT/s)

- Supports Untied Overclocking Technology

- Supports Hyper-Transport 3.0 (HT 3.0) Technology

Chipset

- Northbridge: AMD 760G

- Southbridge: AMD SB710

Memory

- Dual Channel DDR3/DDR2 Memory Technology*

- 2 x DDR3 DIMM Slots**

- Supports DDR3 1866(OC)/1600(OC)/1333/1066 non-ECC, un-buffered memory

- Max. capacity of system memory: 16GB***

- 2 x DDR2 DIMM Slots****

- Supports DDR2 1066*****/800/667/533 non-ECC, un-buffered memory

- Max. capacity of system memory: 8GB***



*DDR3 and DDR2 are supported separately.



**DDR3 memory is only supported by installing AM3/AM3+ CPU.



***Due to the operating system limitation, the actual memory size may be less than 4GB for the reservation for system usage under Windows® 32-bit OS. For Windows® 64-bit OS with 64-bit CPU, there is no such limitation.



****DDR2 memory is only supported by installing AM2/AM2+/AM3 CPU.



*****Support with AM3 / AM2+ CPU.

BIOS

- 16Mb AMI legal BIOS

- Supports "Plug and Play"

- ACPI 1.1 compliance wake up events

- Supports jumperfree

- SMBIOS 2.3.1 support

- CPU, VCCM, NB Voltage multi-adjustment

 Audio, Video and Networking

Graphics

- Integrated AMD Radeon 3000 graphics

- DX10 class iGPU, Pixel Shader 4.0

- Max. shared memory 512MB

- Supports D-Sub with max. resolution up to 2048x1536 @ 60Hz

Audio

- 5.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC662 Audio Codec)

LAN

- PCIE x1 Gigabit LAN 10/100/1000 Mb/s

- Realtek RTL8111G

- Supports Wake-On-LAN

- Supports LAN Cable Detection

- Supports Energy Efficient Ethernet 802.3az

- Supports PXE

 Expansion / Connectivity

Slots

- 1 x PCI Express 2.0 x16 Slot (PCIE2 @ x16 mode)

- 1 x PCI Express 2.0 x1 Slot

- 2 x PCI Slots

Storage

- 6 x SATA2 3.0 Gb/s Connectors, support RAID (RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 10 and JBOD), NCQ, AHCI and Hot Plug

Connector

- 1 x ATA133 IDE Connector (Supports 2 x IDE devices)

- 1 x Floppy Connector

- 1 x IR Header

- 1 x Print Port Header

- 1 x Chassis Intrusion Header

- 1 x CPU Fan Connector (4-pin)

- 1 x Chassis Fan Connector (3-pin)

- 1 x Power Fan Connector (3-pin)

- 1 x 24 pin ATX Power Connector

- 1 x 4 pin 12V Power Connector

- 1 x CD In Header

- 1 x Front Panel Audio Connector

- 1 x SPDIF Out Connector

- 3 x USB 2.0 Headers (Support 6 USB 2.0 ports)

Rear Panel I/O

- 1 x PS/2 Mouse Port

- 1 x PS/2 Keyboard Port

- 1 x Serial Port: COM1

- 1 x D-Sub Port

- 4 x USB 2.0 Ports

- 1 x RJ-45 LAN Port with LED (ACT/LINK LED and SPEED LED)

- HD Audio Jack: Line in / Front Speaker / Microphone

 Other Features / Miscellaneous

Unique Feature

- ASRock OC Tuner

- ASRock Intelligent Energy Saver

- ASRock Instant Boot

- ASRock Instant Flash

- ASRock OC DNA

- ASRock APP Charger

- ASRock XFast USB

- ASRock XFast LAN

- ASRock XFast RAM

- ASRock X-Boost

Hybrid Booster:

- CPU Frequency Stepless Control

- ASRock U-COP

- Boot Failure Guard (B.F.G.)

- ASRock AM2 Boost: ASRock Patented Technology to boost memory performance up to 12.5%

Support CD

- Drivers, Utilities, AntiVirus Software (Trial Version), CyberLink MediaEspresso 6.5 Trial, Google Chrome Browser and Toolbar

Accessories

- Quick Installation Guide, Support CD, I/O Shield

- 2 x SATA Data Cables

Hardware Monitor

- CPU/Chassis temperature sensing

- CPU/Chassis/Power Fan Tachometer

- CPU Quiet Fan

- CPU Fan multi-speed control

- CASE OPEN detection

- Voltage Monitoring: +12V, +5V, +3.3V, Vcore

Form Factor

- Micro ATX Form Factor

OS

- Microsoft® Windows® 8 / 8 64-bit / 7 / 7 64-bit / Vista™ / Vista™ 64-bit / XP / XP Media Center / XP 64-bit compliant

Certifications

- FCC, CE, WHQL

- ErP/EuP ready (ErP/EuP ready power supply is required)

1 comments:

Did you use two HyperX DDR3 1600? if I'm not mistaken, it is a 4gb RAM right?

Post a Comment