Prostate problems are often encountered in the form of infections in the prostate glands. In some cases, these problems are also found to be in the form of prostate cancer. Prostate infections, also known as Prostatitis, are characterized by pain and inflammation in the prostate glands due to the infections caused by certain bacteria present in the large intestine, while prostate cancer signifies the growth of cancerous cells in the prostate glands. Prostate problems are more widely observed in men who are around 70 to 80 years old. However, prostate problems in young men have become a common observation nowadays, as many people around the age of 30 are experiencing this problem too. Let us focus our discussion on the causes, symptoms, and the relevant treatment of prostate problems in young males.
Causes of Prostate Problems
Some of the probable reasons for prostate problems can be listed as under.
- The presence of prostate stones in the glands
- Bacterial infection in the prostate gland
- Allergies towards certain food and drinks
- Uric acid disorders
- Yeast infections
- Increased estrogen levels
- Excessive masturbation
There are two types of prostate problems, and the symptoms of both the problems are almost same. However, only the intensity of those symptoms will vary. Some of the prostate problems symptoms are listed below.
Symptoms of Prostatitis
The common symptoms of prostatitis are:
- Feeling of pain in the pelvic region.
- Frequent urination, and pain while urinating
- Sensation of burning during urination
- Pain while ejaculating
- In cases of severe prostatitis, people also suffer from fever and chills.
- Enlarged prostate
Prostate cancer does not show any severe symptoms in its early days. These symptoms tend to become serious over a period of time, and the cancer spreads to all the other parts of the body. It is found that prostate cancer affects mostly older men, and it is also believed that prostate cancer is more prevalent amongst the African-American men. But it is important for men from all the age groups to know the symptoms of prostate cancer, as young men are not immune to it either.
- Enlargement of the urinary bladder
- Difficulty while urinating, and frequent sessions of urination
- Effect on sexual health, as pain is experienced while ejaculating
- Formation of a lump in the prostate gland
- Other physical problems such as cough, chest pain, and abdominal pain are also observed in the advanced stages of prostate cancer
Fortunately, there are many herbal as well as surgical treatments to treat prostate problems. See that you consult a doctor before opting for any of these treatments, and also know about the side effects of all the treatments.
- Quercetin: Quercetin is a type of flavonoid mostly found in onions and apples. Scientific studies have revealed that quercetin is effective in the treatment of prostate cancer, as it stops the growth of cancer cells in the body.
- Saw Palmetto: Another herb found to be useful in treating prostate enlargement is saw palmetto. This herb has been in use since a long time and has helped people who faced urinary problems. It improves the urine flow and also stops frequent urination.
- Surgery Based Treatments: Sometimes, herbs and other domestic medications do not work. For such cases, there are many therapies and surgeries available that cure the prostate problems. Certain therapies such as chemotherapy, which involves the use of chemicals to kill the growth of cancerous cells, radiation therapy, that involves the external beam therapy to kill cancer cells with the aid of radiations, are used. Other popular treatments for prostate problems include proton therapy and cryotherapy.
These are the main symptoms and treatments associated with prostate problems in young men. Another common problem is an enlarged prostate. This can even be experienced by men as young as 30. But the probability of occurrence increases with age. As of now, there are no standard preventive measures prescribed against these problems. However, it is believed that personal hygiene and cleanliness can help you keep such problems away, and help in maintaining your prostate health. If you experience any of the symptoms, a checkup should be done at the earliest. The treatments mentioned here are for informative purposes, and a proper diagnosis by a doctor should be done to check your specific case, and determine further course of action.