Premature ejaculation (PE) is when a man ejaculates and achieves orgasm sooner than he or his partner wishes to for sexual satisfaction. Mostly, PE occurs before or shortly after sexual intercourse. But what should be called premature ejaculation varies from people to people. Some men may last for 5 minutes and regard it as a satisfying sexual experience for them and their sexual partner. While some may even last for as long as 25 minutes, but consider themselves to have premature climax. So the idea of what is normal ejaculation varies widely. But as a general rule put forth by medical experts, men who frequently ejaculate before or within a minute after penetration should seek medical help. Premature ejaculation is an easily treatable condition. Its treatment mainly involves medicines, working closely with a sex therapist, and psychologist. Apart from these, some people may also take a herbal approach towards managing the problem. The following discusses a few herbs known for treating premature ejaculation.
Clove helps improve blood circulation in the genitals. Drink a cup or two of tea made from clove everyday until symptoms improve. You may also avail it in encapsulated form. Application of clove oil to the penis also helps.
Ginkgo biloba is a natural aphrodisiac. It stimulates blood circulation in the body including the penis. This helps erection last longer and extend the time for ejaculation.
The active ingredients in this herb work to restore the hormonal balance in the body which helps boost sexual performance. The effect of this herb is seen over time with regular use. Problems such as impotence, and low libido can also be treated with this herb.
It is recommended to chew 2-4 raw garlic cloves everyday. This bulbous herb improves blood circulation in the body including the penis.
The use of this herb stimulates the process of the reproductive system. Not only does it help treat premature ejaculation, but it also helps manage impotence and low sperm count.
This herb is a popular medicine used in Ayurveda. The minerals contained in this herb help increase libido which in turn reduces incidences of premature ejaculation.
Another popular Ayurveda medicine is sida cordifolia. The herb has a rejuvenating effect in the body, and is recommended for improving sexual function in both men and women. PE can be managed by taking this drug orally, and massaging its oil onto the penis regularly.
Also known as tumble-weed, this herb when regularly used, may stimulate sexual function and help delay orgasms in men with PE. It is also known for preventing nocturnal emissions.
Some Tips to Control PE
- Practice deep breathing during sexual intercourse.
- Masturbating a couple of hours before sexual intercourse may delay orgasm.
- Try different sexual positions and determine which one helps you last longer.
- The start and stop method helps reduce premature ejaculation. Just before you near ejaculation, stop all sexual stimulation. For some it may mean withdrawal from the intercourse or getting away from their partner. And once the urge to ejaculate dies off, resume foreplay and then the intercourse. Repeat this method till the time you wish to experience orgasm.
- Another similar method is to let your partner squeeze the head of your penis just when you feel you are ready to ejaculate. Let the squeezing last until you no longer have the urge. Wait for about 30 seconds, and get back to foreplay before you penetrate again. Keep using this method until you and your partner feel it is time to reach the climax.
Although herbs are natural, they are not completely free of side effects. Some herbs are known to cause severe reactions when they interact with conventional drugs. For instance, ginkgo biloba is known to interfere with the blood clotting process in the body. And that is why its use may not be safe for people who are on medicines such as blood thinners. Although many anecdotes may suggest that the herbs mentioned above work well for the treatment of PE, most of them have not undergone controlled or conclusive clinical trials. Ergo, it is imperative that you consult your health care provider or doctor before choosing any kind of herbal treatment to manage the problem of premature ejaculation.