First of all is we have to make it sure that we are able to access or connect the Huawei BM622 4G WiMAX wireless broadband modem CPE by verifying through pinging the IP address 192.168.1.1 via CLI (command line interface) or thru web GUI (graphical user interface) on browser with same IP address at http://192.168.1.1 to make it realistic as show below snap shot.
Whether or not the Huawei BM622 4G WiMAX wireless broadband modem CPE enable/disable its DHCP server we have also to verify our PC if we are using Dynamic or Static IP address to anticipate if the CPE device reboots failed to provide IP address or the PC itself can not acquire its IP address.
Static IP address is more preferable during TFTP firmware backup or downloading operation to make it sure we are in the same IP address subnet and our PC is still connected even if the CPE device fail its DHCP server during power on.
To start with, the PC must be ON with the Static IP address above mention. Power off the CPE device Huawei BM622, unplug the AC/DC adapter then plug it again and remain the power is OFF.
- Click START and RUN, then type cmd to open windows CLI (command line interface) mode
- Type cd\ to change directory i.g. C:\
- Type tftp –i 192.168.1.1 get bm622firmware.bin as you can see from the screenshot below, wait DO NOT press enter yet until to do so.
- Make sure or double check that the LAN cable is physically connected to the PC and to the CPE device Huawei BM622 port.
- Using a pin or sharp item insert onto the pin hole and press the “Reset” button at the side of the CPE device Huawei BM622 as shown below snapshot.
- Press the Power ON button of the Huawei BM622 while still pressing the "Reset" button.
- Release the “Reset” button of the Huawei BM622 and press Enter to begin the TFTP firmware download.
- Please wait for 1 (one) minute and reboot the modem.
- Press “Reset” while bm622 is ON.
- Open your MyComputer local drive C:\ and check if bm622firmware.bin is already being copied.