May 19, 2013

How to build a CCIE rack with GNS3 / dynamips

This is a Do-It-Yourself choosing and building my own hardware for CCIE rack with GNS3 Dynamips. First what I need is an affordable cheap motherboard that has with at least three (3) standard PCI for the quad Ethernet adapter or the NIC (network interface controller card) that is were to be seat.


Here's what I got an ASRock M3A770DE motherboard that solved my requirement for my three (3) quad Ethernet adapter, you can see specs here. It is quite cheap with about 60$ and it has everything I need for my server.


My CPU an AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition 3.4Ghz Socket AM3, HyperTransport 3.0, FSB 2,000MHz, L2 cache 2,048kB, L3 cache 6MB, TPD 140W.


I decided to optimized the performance for virtualization to have at least 8GB of RAM and have chosen the DDR3 1600 found this G.Skill an 8GB kit (4GB x 2).


Club 3D graphic card with Radeon HD 5450 chipset with 2GB DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16, it's 650 MHz Graphics clock frequency.


So, finally I found a quad port NIC from eBay a D-Link DFE-580TX that is more cheap than other server Ethernet adapter.


After I overview all the parts that is needed for my GNS3 Dynamips server, I then now can start building it and put all these part inside the box.














0 comments:

Post a Comment