Jan 5, 2015

How to Peel a Pineapple

Remember Cheezels??? That's how you eat Cheezels, stick your finger through the hole. But this is a pineapple. that's a bit to big. Hahaha!!


When I made Pineapple Tarts for sale back when I was 17, I never peel my own pineapples. I pay extra 50 sen (for each fruit) to have it done. It's not easy to peel 10 pineapples each time I make the jam. And I make that a few times. I'd rather pay. But now, I only need one... So, I tried peeling this myself. My first attempt. Hahahah!!
I'm going to do another upside down cake, since I was dissapointed last time.

So before I bake the cakes again, here goes my peeling adventure..


Wonder why the numbers are not quite right with this 2nd peeling pic? Cos I missed those in the middle out during my initital editing, so I just quickly remedied it... haiya, nevermind la. Not perfect nevermind one.


Now, I can peel my own pineapple already. Can you? I'm sure you can.

Oh ya, one more thing about pineapples. I always bake with Morris variety. Huh? What what???
There are a few varieties of pineapple in Malaysia, and the common ones in the market are Morris, Josapine(not Josephine ok, no such pineapple), and Sarawak variety, with Morris being almost everywhere. It's at the rojak stalls, the cut fruit stalls, the juice stations.. Why? It's the cheapest!!!

Well, it's not because of the price that I use this, but because of the taste. I'm sure you won't want to bake with red apples, but green ones. Why? Things that are too sweet don't really taste that good when baked, right? I like Morris, due to the tartness, the amount of fibre it has (especially when it comes to pineapple tarts, the more fibre, the more jam I'll get from 1 fruit). Josapine is more of a eating pineapple than a baking one, that's my personal opinion., but then again, I don't eat fresh pineapples. Maybe due to bad experiences of them making my tongue sore when I was a kid, and they were Morris :)

Posted by guest blogger visit her blog at http://wendyinkk.blogspot.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment