Mar 9, 2014

Fatal: Received unexpected end-of-file from server

Got this error today while using PSCP. I was attempting to move a file from my local computer to a remote server that allows only SCP Transfer Protocol. This was the command I was using:

pscp.exe -p wr740nv1_en_3_12_4_up(100910).bin root@192.168.1.1:/tmp

Digging a little bit into the issue, I found that since I intend to use SCP Transfer Protocol to transfer the file to the remote server, I need to explicitly specify the SCP protocol. I changed my command to the one below, and it worked like charm.

pscp.exe -scp wr740nv1_en_3_12_4_up(100910).bin root@192.168.1.1:/tmp

Please note the ‘-scp’ in the command. This ‘-scp’ forces the PSCP to use the SCP Transfer Protocol. If not specified explicitly, the PSCP will attempt to use the SFTP Protocol by default.

0 comments:

Post a Comment